What a great weekend! There were many reasons to be happy, here are seven of them:
1. I finished Khaled Hosseini’s The Kite Runner. It is one of the of the best novels that I have ever read, definately a top ten. I can but recommend it warmly. Hosseini’s prose is as beatiful as his story telling.
2. I surprised one of my two best friends, Jusa, on his 40th birthday. He threw a party in Stockholm Friday and I popped in on my way back from Oulu to Brussels. His face of surprise was worth the journey. It was great to see friends.
3. Mikael Forssell scored a hat-trick against Tottenham! It was his first in the Premiership. When he was taken off after 14 minutes against Arsenal (tactical change after Birmingham went down to ten men) I sent an sms telling him to score two in the next match instead. Footballers never listen to advice…
4. The Flying Finns athletics programme kicked off its spring season. It is basically a voluntary sports club for kids, run by Pekka Roto and other Finnish parents in Brussels. They meet on Saturday’s at 15.00.A great way for kids to get into sports. Thanks to all involved!
5. I ordered a new bike from the best bike-store in Brussels. The store is called ”km10” and it is located in Boitsfort. It is run by three young guys, all bike enthousiasts. I received great advice from Arnaud. These guys know what service is all about.
6. We visited my new favourite hang out in Brussels, a bookstore/restaurant called Cook&Book. The restaurant is located opposite the Woluve shopping centre. A wonderful concept with two kitchens, five different restaurants and nine different types of bookstores. I could move into that place…A must if you live in Brussels, or visit it.
7. Last but not least: there is nothing better than spending the weekend with those you love.